Traditionally the construction industry has been concerned with ‘cost’ but it is now widely recognised that the concept of ‘value’ provides a better and more useful measure.
The value management process provides a structured approach to enhance the value of projects, processes or products consistent with specified project or business requirements.
Clayton Consult can facilitate and manage the process comprising:
- Value management (selecting the best overall option)
- Value engineering (selectingthe best design options)
- Project review and feedback
Clayton Consult strives to achieve value by ensuring Economy, Efficiency and Effectiveness.
Project Monitoring and Audit
Clayton Consult provides project monitoring and audit services including the following:
- Project monitoring for funding bodies in order to facilitate the draw-down of funds against project facilities
- Project ‘health’ checks providing quick, accurate and independent advice on the performance of a project and the remaining risks factors
- Forensic cost audits where payment is on an ‘open-book’ or target cost basis
The widespread use of construction contracts based on an ‘open-book’ or target cost payment mechanism has lead to a requirement for Clients to check and validate contractor’s cost records. Clayton Consult understands contractor’s accounting systems and have successfully assisted clients by ensuring that contractors only claim for costs that they are entitled to under the relevant contractual provisions.
Project Health Check
Our staff are experienced in carrying out different types of audits on a wide range of projects ranging from the relatively small to the billion pound infrastructure project.
Sitting alongside the bespoke audits, our Project Health Check comprises a one day review focussing on effective contract administration, together with project cost and time performance. We provide an Executive Summary Report highlighting issues and recommending action to mitigate risks or maximise opportunities.